Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FASHION COPYCAT: Ashley vs. Penelope

One of my favorite looks of all time: a leather jacket over a long flowy dress. The first time I came across this look was on Ashley Olsen.  She rocked it two years ago at a fashion event in NYC.  Only a few months later Nicole Richie, Jessica Biel, and Misha Barton were seen wearing leather jackets over their long maxi dresses. Fast forward to October 13, 2009....While I was getting my daily dose of fashion on the web, I noticed a photo of Penelope Cruz.  She, too, was wearing a leather jacket a over satin gown at a movie premiere she attended last evening. Evidently, this look is a red carpet classic.  Leather jackets are a vital wardrobe piece; they turn any outfit into an edgy one.


photobucket.com
Ashley Olsen in Fall 2007



peoplestylewatch.com
Penelope Cruz October 12th, 2009

ROCK THIS LOOK: THE DAY VERSION

 

Plastic Island Moto Jacket at Chickdowntown.com



Gypsy 05 Jordan Silk Tube Maxi Dress at Shoptrendboutique.com



Jeffrey Campbell Boots at Shopbop.com


2 comments:

  1. I never even thought of wearing a leather jacket over a long dress. I'm going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WOULD DO A COOL LEATHER OVER A BLACK TIE GOWN

    ReplyDelete